Wings are a staple of the Americana football culture, so we’re always looking for new ways to serve up this classic dish. The Cardinals Honey Chipotle Wings are a perfect combination of all things sweet, savory and spicy. You should probably prepare at least 3 servings at your next game day party because these Cardinals wings will be flying off the serving platter.
Cardinals Honey Chipotle Wings: Ingredients
- 3 pounds chicken wings (18 wings), cut up
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
For the glaze:
- 3 chipotles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels. Place the wings in a large bowl and sprinkle with the baking powder, chili powder, and salt and toss to evenly coat. Arrange the wings in a single layer on wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Refrigerate uncovered for at least 8 hours.
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Light a chimney 3/4 full of charcoal—not mandatory to use a chimney charcoal starter. When charcoal is fully lit and covered in gray ash, pour coals out and arrange them on one side of the charcoal grate, keeping the other side empty. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place the wings skin side up over the cool side of the grill, cover, and cook until skins are crisp and are starting to brown, about 30-40 minutes. In the last 10 minutes of cooking brush the glaze all over the wings. Brush the wings with the glaze again and move to the hot side of the grill until the just begin to char, about 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the wings to a plate, sprinkle with cilantro, and dig in.
Thanks to Meat Wave!